Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just wait til She's a Teenager!

Let me start by saying as a teenager (please note this is the keyword: Teenager) I was messy. Seriously. I could not keep my room clean if you paid me (I think my parents may have even resorted to trying that before Dad threatened to throw everything out on the lawn). Nothing worked.

Then I moved out. And I became a neat freak. To the point of OCD. I hate messes. I hate clutter. Nothing is a better stress reliever to me that cleaning. Go figure- this from the girl who as a teenager (again, key word!) was a certified slob.

Fast forward to my daughter Kelsey. My beautiful, beautiful daughter. Who at 11, is a slob. Seriously. I love you Baby Girl, but you are. You drive me C-R-A-Z-Y with your messes.

The funny thing about Kels, is when you tell her to clean your room (or get out the trash bags and say you're heading up stairs) She really does do a great job!

This week Kels is at my parents getting some quality time with her Grandparents and her great Grandma. Colin is home with Rob and I and lapping up the attention and loving that he is an only child for a week.

I decided since Kels was away, and she left her room such a mess, I am going to clean it. 2 hours later, I emerged victorious! This was what I walked in to (minus the towel, robe, bowls and cups I cleaned up before I thought to take the picture):




And this was after Mommy got done with it:


The Closet that couldn't close:


I swear it breathed a sigh of relief (I'm not done yet though,it still needs to be organized, but there are only so many hours in the day):


And this is the dresser~ I wish I had taken a before picture of it stuffed to the gills and overflowing. The wonderful thing about this dresser? It was mine! My parents bought it for me when I was just 3 years old. Along with the headboard on Kels's bed and the toy box pictured above.





Now- this kid is 11...ELEVEN. If her room is this bad (side note: this is NOT the worst it has ever been) what is going to happen when she is a TEENAGER???!!!



3 comments:

Dawn said...

Ah yes Shell I remember those teenage year when your rrom was such a mess and mine was clean as clean could be and you would love trying to flip a brush or move something on my dresser and I would have to fix it right away. :)
However I still have the OCD!!! lol ;)

Deb said...

And how long do you expect it to reamin this way? Snort.

Mason, 10, is the same way, but he also refuses to sleep under his comforter/sheets so he doesn't mess it up and, thusly, have to make it in the morning. Smells delicious.

Shell said...

Snort is right! I don't expect it to last long, but let me tell ya, I have gone up to her room a few nights this past week, glass of mommy juice in hand And just stared at the clean room. Ah bliss!

Mason, what are you going to do when winter gets here and it gets really cold at night? Surely, you'll want to curl up in a nice warm bed, won't you?!