Last night we had an injury at our house...The deck has claimed another victim (Dad being the first...sorry to bring it up again Dad, but I bet Mom is still laughing)....Kelsey and Colin went outside to blow bubbles and Kels took a step backwards not realizing how close she was to the edge...She went off and caught the steps....OUCH
She cried and all I could make out of the sobbing was " I don't wanna play outside anymore!" Poor kid.
Colin is a regular funnyman. I asked him to clean up his room before bed last night, did he do it? A little. Was it "mommy standards" ? No, most definitely NOT. I told him when he got home today he had to clean it up "Okay." 2 hours goes by...Colin still hasn't picked it up. "Colin, you have 5 minutes to clean up your room, or your bed time is bumped to 7 tonight." He took off up the stairs, but came sneaking through the kitchen with a grin about 10 minutes later. "Is it clean?" I ask.
"You'll never know." was his reply. WHAT?! So I head up the stairs and he is giggling his little butt off behind me. About a month ago McDonald's Happy Meals had "Spy Gear" in them...1 of these Spy Gear things was a room alarm (you know hook it to your door, set it and if the door gets opened it shrieks)... This is what I find as I get to his room (and now his giggling is full blown laughter):
He did clean it but thought it would be funny to "Fool Mommy". Yup, a regular Uncle Scott ain't he?!
The house (as you can see by my last post)...Still for sale, but I am coming to terms with it...Which Step is Acceptance? That's where i'm at. If it is still on the market in a month or 2 we're going to pull it til Spring. I can't feel too badly, houses we liked back in March are still on the market. I know it will sell when the time is right....or at least I tell myself that so much I've actually convinced myself now!
And that is pretty much life in a few paragraphs!

3 comments:
Oh I want one of those!!! I want to put it on the cookie jar! Hilarious!
So sorry about the injury Kels! You're a trooper though. You hang tough~ you've got guts!
Oh, Kelsey, I hope your leg heals quickly!
Colin, I like your style!! Make sure you always keep your mom on her toes. We don't want her to think she has the upper hand!!
Julie
Hope Kels is feeling better...I bet it really hurt after looking at that bruise!! Ouch!!!
Colin...your just priceless!!! Remind me next time I see you I give you a great big smooch!!!
Post a Comment